What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word summer?
Pool time? Family Vaca? Work? Internship? School? Boredom?
Whatever the reality for your summer happens to be – more than likely it’s a departure from the norm. Unfortunately, summer is a time that some women tend to drift away from their relationship with God. It’s common for summers to be challenging because you’re typically away from the consistency of ministry involvement, Bible studies, and a predictable schedule. Not to mention, sometimes it’s lonely being away from the relationships that you’re used to having. It’s really easy to shift into “vacation mode” in every area of your life, including your walk with God.
But this doesn’t have to be your experience. You have a choice. You don’t have to get to the end of August and feel like you wasted an opportunity to grow closer to God. Redeemed Girl Ministries wants to encourage you to redeem this time and proactively pursue growth in your spiritual life by not allowing it to be put on the backburner!
We believe in the importance of becoming a person who is not dependent upon others in order to grow spiritually but you are a woman who takes her faith seriously and makes it a priority. For this reason, our team has put together a Redeemed Girl’s Summer Survival Guide.
Here are suggestions our team has put together for you to help you have a meaningful summer:
- Download the RGM App: This FREE app gives you access to hundreds of teaching podcasts by Marian Jordan Ellis (Just think about it girls, laying out poolside just became purposeful!). Tan + Teaching = Smart Girl
- Start Every Morning with Jesus: We want to offer you our new Bible Study, Life, Love and Liberty: this 15 session Bible study is an introductory guide to finding life, love and liberty in Jesus Christ. Spend time getting to know the God who came to rescue you and give you life, love and liberty. What a great way to start your day the right way each morning.
- Looking for a great beach read? Sex & The Single Christian Girl is just the book for you. This book offers straight talk on sexual temptation and the tools to overcome it. Whether you are a new Christian or have been following Jesus all your life, we believe this book will speak to your heart, your mind and give you life-changing truth.
- Hanging out with friends? Pick up a copy of The Girlfriends Guidebook: Navigating Female Friendships.
Nothing says summer like good times with good friends. But what happens when our friendships hit a rocky road? Learn how to navigate difficult friendship issues and pursue healthy friendships based on qualities like loyalty, trustworthiness, compassion and forgiveness.
Order yours today at the RGM Store.
- Keep up with us on the RGM Blog: This summer we will talk about some pretty incredible issues like body image struggles, renewing our minds and other key issues that women deal with. Join the conversation and let us know what topics we should discuss.
We hope this summer is an amazing time filled with incredible memories. But more importantly, we pray this summer is one that you look back upon and know that you grew closer to God and experienced His purpose for your life. Stay in touch with us at Redeemed Girl Ministries. Let us know how we can pray for you and if you have any specific topics you’d like us to discuss on our podcast or blog. email@example.com